- Project Dates: JAN 2012 - OCT 2012
- Contract Amount: $206,000
- Planning / Civil Engineering
Clark County Water Reclamation District (CCWRD) contracted with Carollo Engineers to complete a condition assessment; evaluate converting septic system to municipal sewer; and evaluate options for injecting wastewater treatment effluent into the groundwater for future reuse in Searchlight, Nevada. Under contract to Carollo Engineers, SBCC provided the following services:
- Managed the condition assessment team which included the Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) inspection, field survey, aerial survey and existing utility investigations:
- Evaluation of the 28,000 linear feet and 123 manholes of existing gravity wastewater collection system through CCTV inspections and NASSCO PACP/MACP assessment protocol;
- Subsurface utility location, including 16 pothole investigations, for selected portions of the existing system;
- Provide aerial mapping of over 540 acres, with detailed topography and ground survey of existing features in a 40-acre area within the vicinity of the collection system.
- Prepared a conversion study memorandum that addressed septic tank to community collection system conversions. The study included location and proximity analysis, cost analysis and system community and management information in accordance with EPA guidance documents.
The contract was funded by the CCWRD and relied partially on grants from the Environmental Protection Agency for funding. SBCC's contribution to the project accounted for $206,000 in authorized contract dollars. SBCC's portion of the project was completed on-schedule and 38% under budget.