- Project Dates: JAN 2012 - JUL 2015
- Contract Amount: $271,730
- Civil Engineering / Environmental Engineering
Clark County Water Reclamation District (CCWRD) contracted with Black & Veatch to evaluate and design a new wastewater treatment facility in Searchlight, NV. The facility was designed to supplement or replace the existing treatment ponds to address Nitrate and capacity issues.
The contract is funded by the CCWRD and relies partially on EPA grants for funding. The project is currently in progress with completion of design anticipated in 2015.
Under contract to Black & Veatch, SBCC performed the following work:
- Project Management for the site civil design portion of the project for pond expansion;
- Assisted with preparation of the planning study documenting the evaluation of available options for the wastewater treatment plant upgrade;
- Assisted with site due diligence activities, including evaluation of utility needs (electrical, water, communications, flood control and wastewater);
- Preparation of a detailed engineering design package, including 3D computer modeling, and preparation of construction plans and project specifications for the new pond requiring the movement of approximately 110,000 cubic feet of soil for pond expansion;
- Design included one mile of roadway as well as wet and dry utilities, site grading plan, site hydraulic engineering, site piping plan and site security
Following 100% design, the project was put on hold so the CCWRD could re-evaluate their approach. SBCC completed the assigned scope of work prior to the project being placed on hold.