- Project Dates: JUL 2012 - Ongoing
- Contract Amount: $138,691
- Civil Engineering
Southern Nevada Regional Housing Authority (SNRHA) contracted with RAFI Architecture (RAFI) to complete a facility modernization design work scope to recondition multi-family housing units and associated facilities at this 12.5-acre site in Henderson, Nevada.
Under contract to RAFI, SBCC's portion of the project includes:
- Evaluation of existing site civil conditions including the water system, sewer, drainage, parking and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) path of travel for identified facilities. Design site improvements needed identified by SNRHA included:
- Preparation of site survey information and horizontal control plan;
- Review of existing project files dating back to 1970 related to original facility design and construction;
- Selective demolition of existing site features;
- Design of drainage systems, sidewalks, replacement of sewer laterals, and ADA ramps.
The contract was funded by the SNRHA and relied partially on federal Housing and Urban Development (HUD) grants for funding.
Cost was a significant factor in the design, with a fixed project budget and limited funding for the requested work scope. Also, much of the original design was not properly documented with the City of Las Vegas and required additional documentation to correct City records.