- Project Dates: AUG 2012 - JAN 2013
- Contract Amount: $106,357
- Construction Management / Environmental Engineering
The National Park Service (NPS) contracted with Marcon Engineering (Marcon) to complete an expansion of the existing wastewater treatment plant facility at Callville Bay located approximately 30 miles east of Las Vegas in the Lake Mead National Recreation Area. The expansion included the construction of two additional lagoon treatment ponds, and the retrofitting of three existing ponds.
Under contract to Marcon, SBCC's portion of the project included:
- Preparation of a project specific Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) and Tortoise Monitoring Plan (TMP);
- Providing a Tortoise Biologist to monitor during grading activities in areas outside the existing site exclusion fence. An active tortoise burrow was located, a tortoise fence was erected, and the resident tortoise was monitored closely during construction activities;
- Environmental compliance services during construction including SWPPP inspections, spill response and reporting, sludge and sewer fluid transfer and processing, waste management plan compliance, and topsoil salvage.